Sept. 30, Sunday: Visitation 5:00-7:00 p.m. then the Rosary follows at 7:00 p.m. The funeral is Monday, October 1 at 11 a.m. (carpooling is recommended due to parking). All are held at St. Ann's Catholic Church, Kaufman. The Family has requested that in lieu of flowers and the like, that donations be sent to the following link at: https://www.poetrychristian.org/apps/donations/
THANK YOU TO OUR COMMUNITY...PCCS has received so many calls, texts, messages from those in the surrounding communities and from afar that we know and have never met who have expressed their support, volunteered services, and reported that their families, churches, and offices have been in prayer for our school and those affected by this tragedy.
We so appreciate you! May God bless you for this expression of love and concern.
SYMPATHY NOTICE SEPTEMBER 24, 2018 (updated 09/25/18)
PCCS is saddened by today's car accident involving two of our high school students. One, as of this evening (9-24), is in critical condition and the other lost his life. Please join our school family in praying for the surviving young man's recovery, the boys' families, their fellow students, teachers and staff. We celebrate the young man's life and grieve at this loss. Prayers are appreciated. UPDATE: The injured boy is stable and doctors have a promising prognosis for his liver to heal; we hope to see him home by next week.
PCCS offers enriching Christ-centered education for more than 250 students in grades Primer through 12th. The school was founded in 2002 and is fully accredited by the international accrediting organization, AdVancEd (parent organization of Southern Association for College & Schools/SACS). PCCS is located on a 9.5 acre campus in rural Poetry, Texas, 10 minutes north of Terrell and 25 minutes southeast of Rockwall.
Learn more about this innovative approach to the educational experience characterized by affordable tuition, parent involvement, college-prep programming, exemplary curricula, and enrichment electives beyond the 'Three R's.'
Read more on the "About Us" tab!
Green and White
"Take My Life" adapted by Chris Tomlin
"Live Like That" by Sidewalk Prophets
"I Refuse" by Josh Wilson
Why choose private Christian education?
- Top 15%tile annual averages for the school on nationally-normed TERRANOVA standardized achievement test (2016: High School average was in the top 9%tile)
- Regional, district and state champs in athletics, academics, art, music, and speech; Registered with the NCAA and NAIA
- PCCS has increased its Dual College Credits for high schoolers to 32 this year and have 12 more pending! (read more under the Academics tab)!
- Fully accredited by SACS/AdvancEd: November 2016 Re-accreditation Index of Education Quality (IEQ) score was "the highest the team has assigned in 32 years" (http://www.advanc-ed.org/about-us)
- Learn more about PCCS on the ABOUT US tab!